Hi, my name is Aina Ismail.
By day, I'm a legal executive in the financial services sector. And by night (and lunchtime), I'm a blogger!
What I'm most passionate about is helping young adults like myself market their talents and skills through blogging and branding. So that they won't have to wait until they're much much older before they can earn a living by doing something that they LOVE. Their dream career or business.
Here's the thing: I want to be my own boss.
I like my job, sure. But what I've always dreamed about is owning my own creative business. Something that really makes me feel alive and pumped up no matter what. And it's this blog right here.
Does that mean I want to quit my job as soon as possible and jump into business full-time? Nope. As much as I want to be my own boss, my job is more financially secure. I have bills to pay, a wedding to save up for, and things to buy.
I've actually tried jumping into business full-time and it didn't work out for me. I was too worried about money that I didn't feel confident anymore about the things that I was doing.
so does that mean I should set up a business only when I'm older?
The standard advice that we always get is this: Pay our dues. Work hard, save money and open a business when you're financially stable. (In other words, "Wait for 10-15 more years.")
But I can't live like that.
I don't want to wake up every day knowing that I can only start my dream business 10-15 years from now. I want to feel creative every single day.
So what I'm doing right now is JUGGLING my job with Narrativity (my blog).
Every night, lunchtime and during the weekends, I blog, send out newsletters, connect with readers and subscribers and brainstorm new ideas for Narrativity. Sure, it feels frustrating to only be able to spend little chunks of time on my passion, but it's OK. You know why?
Sikit-sikit lama-lama jadi bukit.
Just like we're told to invest money for the future, we should also invest TIME & ENERGY in our passion daily. Do a little bit every day and all of it will eventually allow us to be our own boss and work on our passion full-time.
So that's what I believe in: Make passion happen.
This blog is the perfect space for you if you're someone who wants to build your dream career or business, while still navigating the confusing path of adulthood.
- You can read my blog posts and newsletters where I talk about using a talent or skill that you already have to build your own brand and start earning money on the side.
- You can subscribe to my newsletter that I send every Friday on branding and blogging tips that's tailored for young adults. (Instead of big businesses)
- You can connect with me on Instagram where I post bite-sized branding and blogging tips and my own personal journey.
- We can brainstorm together on your blog topics if you're unsure on what to blog about.
- You can reach me any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.